This won’t be a full length wrap-up. Like I said last year, my partner and I are both particularly vulnerable to covid so we’ve hunkered down as best as we can.
We lost my mother this year. Not directly to covid, but the overload of hospitals in her region due to people refusing to take it seriously was a huge factor. My sympathy and tolerance for covidiots is now less than zero. Be warned.
And as a final capstone to the year, we’ve discovered that our house has serious water damage and mold due to errors in construction. We’re out for six months while a team basically strips it down to the frames and rebuilds it from scratch.
So yeah. It’s been a stressful year. I’ve written seven novels and a novella and published, amusingly, the same number of each (there is overlap, but the novella I published in 2021 is not the one I wrote. That’s coming out in February).
- Equilibrium (January 2021) – Book Three of Scattered Stars Conviction.
- Excalibur Lost (February 2021) – stand-alone novella.
- A Darker Magic (March 2021) – Book Ten of Starship’s Mage, the first book in the Mage-Officer of Mars arc with Roslyn Chambers
- Eyes of Tomorrow (April 2021) – Book Nine of Duchy of Terra and the final book of the series. (Also the last book in an nineteen-month run of monthly releases)
- Drifter’s Folly (June 2021) – Book Four of the Peacekeepers of Sol
- Fortitude (August 2021) – Book Four of of Scattered Stars Conviction.
- Mage-Commander (September 2021) – Book Eleven of Starship’s Mage
- Evasion (November 2021) – Book One of Scattered Stars Evasion (the second series in the setting, though Conviction is continuing)
I believe we started simultaneous audiobook releases with Evasion and will continue with Admiral’s Oath, the first book in the new series in the Castle Federation Universe. This requires some careful timing with our audiobook partner, though, and I lost several months’ of work with my mom’s illness.
But the only way to go is forward, one step at a time, one word at a time.
I hope everyone is staying safe and having a wonderful set of holidays, whatever you celebrate.