Welcome to Faolan’s Pen.
My name is Glynn Stewart, known in various places on the internet by several derivations and half-translations of Dubh Faolan or dark wolf.
I’m an amateur author, with several novels completed and being shopped around and two current works that I intend to think of as ‘in-progress’ for the sake of this blog.
For the moment, this blog will include occasional snippets from those works in progress, updates on how they’re going word count wise, and the trials and travails of even an agented author trying to get published in this industry and this economy.
First, let’s start with what my day job forces me to call ‘Opening Balances.’ Where are we beginning, so that we know how to track the change. Firstly, those four completed novels:
- Legions of the Sky: an alternative future novel of an Interstellar Roman Empire.
- Children of the Twain: an epic fantasy of magic, destinies, and growing up with both.
- City in the Sky: a fantasy tale of making a place in a people you are tied to by blood but not raised among
- ONSET: To Serve and Protect: an urban fantasy about a police officer who discovers he is more than human, and his determination to still uphold the oath he swore.
Secondly, the two works in progress:
- ONSET: All Tomorrow’s Shadows: the sequel to To Serve and Protect, an urban fantasy charting the pursuit of a serial killer across America, and the secrets that pursuit unveils
- Currently at 19,298 words
- Shadows of the Grey Tower: a dark fantasy about maturing, physically and mentally, as the world changes and it changes you.
- Currently at15,743 words
I will be tracking my progress on ATS and Grey Tower on here, and posting occasional snippets.